Friday, June 02, 2006

Hello Folks...welcome to 48x48.

This blog is a work in progress, so bear with me a little.

"48x48" was a project i did a couple of years ago...I painted "plein air" in 48 states over 48 weeks. From the genesis point of this idea, I wanted it to be a "gift". I feel so fortunate to have my life as an artist that i love to give back when I can...this was intended to do so in a big way.

100% of the proceeds will be donated to cancer research. So, if you see a painting on here you like...send a money order made out to the American Cancer Society...and I will send you a painting...and then forward your Money Order to the American cancer Society. It is as simple as that. The paintings will be priced as marked, sizes and other information given...and will be unframed.

I will continue to add paintings to this site as well as excerpts from my journals during the trip. It was a trip, to say the least! From the moment I voiced the idea out loud, it took on a life of it's own. In a small part, the journey was based on Steinbeck's "Travels with Charley"...and true to Steinbeck's words "you don't take a trip...a trip takes you"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home